Sunday, January 07, 2007

bow down, Margot Lees, to my blog, which is now top-listed on Google!


So it's back to the procrastination again. It's amazing how school inspires, invigorates, and pushes me enthusiastically towards successful utter procrastination. Work doesn't do the trick, even hard work. But working hard in classes and not getting paid for another six months? Now, that's something to procrastinate for. Hence my blog entry at 1am.

Not to say that I don't have some good courses lined up. This semester, it's all about Strategery and I'm emersing myself in the topic save some silly requirements left over. Thank god I have a job, that's all I can say. And, thank god I'm leaving this place too. I'm getting sick of it.

We (MBAs) just finished a 3-4 wk break from classes - most left Ann Arbor for home or sunnier locations, while I remained and really enjoyed the peace and quiet. I learned to play backgammon (also called "shesh besh") with skill, spent some good time with my cat, and made gravlax for the first time. For those of you unfamiliar with this phenomenon, think of it as a poor man's lox that you make with fresh salmon. It only takes two days. My quick recipe:

Get a thick piece of high quality salmon from the market
Trim off any thin pieces- you want it to be the same thickness
Drown it in 1.5 parts salt: 2 parts sugar
Drizzle some vodka over the top, and you can add lemon and dill if you feel so inclined
Flip it every 12 hours or so
In two days: GRAVLAX!


It will look something like this, and hopefully you can cut it with such a high quality knife as this one. It will certainly make things easier.

In other news...

I recently bought some expensive plane tickets to fly to Israel. In preparation for my trip I've been searching out maps and stuff for reference. This one is pretty cool (Google: eye on israel) and it is interactive. You can't see it, but the train moves and airplanes fly overhead so everything looks "alive"... I wonder when rockets were falling on Haifa if they included those too - little cute explosions on their little cute map. Awww.

No comments: