Saturday, October 07, 2006

Omigod people actually read this thing. So I'd better say something good.


I've spent the last two days reviewing resumes. The MBA1s have theirs due 10/13 so they're all in a scramble to make theirs perfect. It's a tall order in the thick of classwork and stuff. Although I'm a bit embarassed to admit it, I really like reviewing resumes because it's like a little marketing project. How do you synthesize yourself and your experiences into a neat 1-page package? How do you balance allegory with formula? How do you create your own voice in bullet points? It's challenging, but fun.

Today was a football Saturday. Ann Arbor shuts down, restaurant reservations are suspended, and everyone wears yellow (ok, here we call it "MAIZE") t-shirts. Friends flock from out-of-town, beer is drunk, and everyone turns into a cheerleader. We all sing together, chant together, dance together, stand together and sit together.

Apple folks were in town this weekend, and I was wined and dined and got to spend some good time with my team in Developer Marketing. Apple also sponsored the tailgate (a food and beer-filled experience in the golf course adjacent to the Stadium) and also did some promoting for their marketing positions. Then we went to the game.

For some reason the Apple people were given student-section tickets, which really changes the whole game experience. We were literally nestled right in with students - in the corner of the stadium. I actually prefer the seats I've had before, more on the side, so you can see. Either way, these are good seats because you can maintain a good perspective on the game and see the plays happen from above.

It was also a little rowdy. Ok, a lot. There was a group of kids next to us "on" something very strong (think ex or something of the like) and also some drunk kids above us. The groping sort of got to me midway through the game. It's a good thing we left in the 3rd quarter.

I did enjoy the yellow (maize), tho, and the pom-poms, which I've featured in this entry.

No comments: