Monday, June 26, 2006

wake up call

This morning I was awoken at 6:30 with a phone call from my friend Kim. I glanced at my cell phone for a half-second and decided to let her leave a message. Too bad, because here's the message I got later this morning:

Kim, in a scratchy voice: "Hey Mongo, this is Kim and Lili...Lili's been talking about you all morning and wanted to call you, right now...I know it's a quarter to seven in the morning for you, but she wanted to talk to you...here she is!"

"Hi Mongo." (In the background, Kim: "say, I wanted to talk to you")

"I wanted to talk t'you..." (In the background, Kim: "say, I've been talking to you all morning")

"I talk 'bout you all morning..." (In the background, Kim: say, ok bye bye!")

"ok, bye!"

Nice message to wake up to. Thanks Kimmy!

No comments: