Wednesday, June 21, 2006

get right back up on the horse again...


Back on the blogtrain and things are better. Today I submitted my lovely blog to an MBA blog forum (did you, dear reader, even know there was such a thing?!) that has blog listings from all the major B-schools across the country. I have to admit that from a PR standpoint, it is a little scary for schools to roll over and leave key impressions of their programs up to lowly students like myself. Ha ha. Good thing Michigan's so great, otherwise I'd rip it apart.

Mid June and everyone's finally started their respective internships. Everyone falls into their slot at some office in some corner of the world and does something cool. After the frenzy of recruiting and impending doom of offer time, it is definitely a relief to know that everyone is taken care of and having fun. As the Office of Career Development and the MBA2's from last year said: "It all works out". Of course I didn't believe them then, but now I do.

The consulting folks were the last to start, with my friend Ari starting at McKinsey in Chicago today. It seems pretty ridiculous to me that I have already been in the hamster wheel (just kidding, read other entries and you'll learn I absolutely LOVE my current internship) for seven weeks now, and it is halfway over. All us MBAs are used to eating the same food, digesting the same classes, and socializing over the same beer, so as Nate referred to in his blog (yesterday, I think?) we're all sort of "attached"...it feels good though, like a global team, out to better the world.

No comments: