Wednesday, May 31, 2006

mochi ice cream

Now I know this exists all across the U.S. but today I experienced mochi ice cream for the first time. For those of you who haven't tried mochi before, it is ice cream wrapped in a lightly sweet rice flour casing. It's like a package of creamy goodness, cold in the center and gentle to the tongue. Yum.

Two other exciting things happened today - my sister Anna turned 25 (happy b-day Anna!) and I spoke with an old friend whom I haven't talked to in four years: the great Stasha Lawson. Stash is doing great and is in the summer internship of her MBA progam like me - she's in So. Cal working with Dow chemical and about to make some Big Life Decisions about where she'll go next. I completely understand. This is a crazy time, but someone's gotta do it.

My Vassar reunion is coming up but I'm not going, which I'm pretty bummed about. My reasoning in not going is that I just can't spend $800 to spend 24 hours at Vassar, even though it probably is worth it to me in some way. I hope to hear all the stories from my friends going. Should be exciting, even second hand.

Yesterday I trimmed our rosebushes in the front yard - I guess they don't bloom all season like I had hoped. Amongst the trimmings were these gems I salvaged...quite nice, eh?

No comments: